The Lord bless you and keep you

The Lord make his face to shine upon you

and be gracious to you

The Lord lift up his countenance upon you

and give you peace…Numbers 6:24

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Fall Family Favorite: Organic Vegetable Stew

      Fall Family Favorite: Organic Vegetable Stew



What warms the heart more than a nice bowl of vegetable stew?
My family has enjoyed this stew for many years. This is my
Mother's recipe with the modification of using organic
ingredients. I also opted for frozen peas, green beans and corn which could
be substituted with fresh or even canned ingredients. We
also like to eat "meatless" as often as possible, so
this recipe is vegan. Browned stew meat could be added to your own version
of this recipe.


I've started with :
5 peeled carrots
4 med. sized peeled potatoes
2 fresh tomatoes
1 med. white onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 bag of frozen peas
1 bag of frozen green beans
and 1 bag of frozen corn
all items are organic
I also used Bionatura brand
Organic Strained Tomatoes
24 oz. no salt added
(we purchased ours from Whole Foods)


All ingredients are rinsed and diced, removed from packages and
are ready to be added to a large stew pot.

I just add all ingredients in an evenly dispersed manner.

Next, I add 4 cups of Ozarka Spring Water. You may choose
any type of water, but Ozarka is our favorite.


Now, I'm ready to add the jar of strained tomatoes. 


I like to mix all ingredients evenly within the pot.


I add the following spices which can be adjusted according to
your family's preferences.
1 tsp Frontier brand Herby organic Mediterranean herbs and sea salt
1 tbsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/4 tsp basil


I bring the mixture to a boil on high heat and I stir often.

Then, I lower to temperature to med hi heat and cook for 25 mins.
Remember to keep an eye on the potatoes because they can stick to the
bottom of the pan and burn if not stirred often. 

I also cover the pot while cooking to keep in the
flavor of all the juices. Once cooked, place the stew on lo heat to
keep until dinner time.

My family always want seconds! You could add nice homemade bread to your meal
for extra flavor.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment